Thursday 26 March 2015

New PC build for Windows 10

I am currently running an aging Windows 7 PC at home as my main computer, it still has some decent tin inside it unfortunately it's starting to flag alittle when I am doing Photoshop editting of my photography and the storage configured inside is outgrowing my needs as well.

When Windows 10 preview was released back in October 2014 I fell in love and started about reading up on what I needed to do to build a good PC that could take care of my techie needs and Photoshop requirements.

While reading up on how to spec a PC for Photoshop use I learnt the Photoshop uses the memory and then uses available HDD space when it runs out of memory. So I've tried to pick out good quality fast RAM (and will add more later).  later I will add an SSD that can be utilised exclusively to enhance Photoshop's performance (more info on that here  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/memory-performance.html#assigning_scratch_disks)

I've got the following kit:

Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM HyperX Fury Series
Motherboard: Asus Z97-K Socket 1150 VGA DVI HDMI 7.1 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard
Network adapter: Asus PCE-N15 adapter
CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.30GHz Socket 1150 6MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
PSU: Antec VP-Series 550W Fully Wired Efficient Power Supply
DVD Drive: Samsung SH-224DB 24X Internal DVD Writer with SATA - OEM
Case: Antec VSP000 Silenced Tower Case - Black
CPU Cooler: Raijintek Aidos Direct Contact CPU Cooler - Black
Graphics Card: Have yet to decide...





No comments:

Post a Comment